Menu

laughtership llc
"SPREADING MIRTH ON EARTH!"

Why do you laugh?

• August 14, 2018 3:13 PM
    Message # 6573894
    Anonymous

We all have different motivations and conditions in which we laugh. While Laughter Yoga uses non-humor-based laughter, that is not the ONLY way! What is your favorite way to laugh, or what is your favorite LY exercise?

• August 14, 2018 9:06 PM
    Reply # 6574325 on 6573894
    Ashley Lane (Administrator)

When I went to massage school, I learned a lot about  stress and what it does to the body.  Not surprisingly, stress shortens your life, along with a myriad of other problems.  How do we avoid stress?  We can’t, that’s part of life.  The good news is we can manage the stress so that it doesn’t have as much of an negative impact in our lives.  I started doing LY at a time in my life where I was working the most stressful job I’ve ever done.  Laughter changed my outlook on my job, my relationships, and how I treated myself.  Laughter helps the stress seem not so scary, like everything’s going to be ok.  I’ve ended arguments with laughter.  I’ve conquered my fears with laughter.  My favorite LY exercise is where I incorporate stretching, deep breathing and laughter all together; at standing position, I do a forward fold and breath out.  This really helps to stretch the lower back out, a point where I hold most of my tension.  I then breath in as much air as I can while standing up and then back slightly to give my lungs more room.  I hold it..hold it...then let it Hahahahaha out!  It gives my whole body a warm and tingly rush like my pores and hair follicles are laughing.  Thank you, Mike for teaching me this powerful technique.  

Hamaste!

Ashley

Call or  Email
(907) 750-7010
mike@laughtership.net

Address:
P.O. Box 83461
Fairbanks, AK 99708